What is WorldPainter?
WorldPainter is an interactive map generator for Minecraft. It allows you to “paint” landscapes using similar tools as a regular paint program. Sculpt and mould the terrain, paint materials, trees, snow and ice, etc. onto it, and much more.
Check out this great example of a landscape created with WorldPainter
- Works with the latest version of Minecraft!
- Custom biome painting
- Create your own custom brushes
- Add custom objects from bo2 files or schematics to the world
- Customise the location and frequency of underground ores and resources
- Add snow and ice
- Easy to use yet flexible and powerful paint-like tools
- Create oceans, landmasses, plains and mountains
- Change the terrain type, add trees and create caverns
- Maintenance release: fine-tune the statistics reported to WorldPainter HQ
WorldPainter Download Links:
Mac OS X:
If you have trouble installing the program using one of the installers above, you can download installerless archives here: 32-bit Windows, 64-bit Windows, Mac OS X and UNIX/Linux. Note that these are not recommended and unsupported!
These installers were created with . The source code for WorldPainter is here.
There is not much documentation yet, but the program should be pretty self-explanatory. To play the map, choose Export in the File menu. Just experiment and try everything out. Don’t forget to check the menus, and to see what happens if you right-click instead of left-clicking.